Do you make amazing pies? Enter our Inaugural Berry Pie Competition!
Open to both amatuer and professional bakers of all ages.
1) Must be made with local BC grown Berries such as: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries
2) Must include low-risk ingredients. Sorry, No cream or dairy pies
3) All Pies must be made from scratch
4) Must provide a list of ingredients & label bottom of pie dish with name & phone number
5) Pies must be dropped off for judging at the Market Info Booth by 5:45pm
Hint: Bonus points for creative flavour pairings!
All pies that meet the entry guidelines will be judged by celebrity pie baker Jenell Parsons of The Vancouver Pie Hole at 6pm.
How fast can you eat a WHOLE pie?
Enter to compete in our July Pie Chowdown!
Three lucky contestants will go head to head with their hands tied behind their backs in our Timed Pie-eating Chowdown Competition.
Think you have what it takes? Entering is simple:
1) Tweet “Pie Me! @oakstreetmarket July 2nd Pie Chowdown#yvrpiefest” – 1 Entry
2) Like Oak Street Farmers’ Market Facebook page & share this post – 1 Entry
The Pie-Eating Contest will take place at 6:15pm sharp! Contestants must check in at the Market Info Booth by 6pm.
Get those hands dirty! Free seed planting in up-cycled containers for the kids. Victory Gardens will be selling vegetable starts to get growing at home.
Learn how to grow your own pesticide- free vegetables and herbs – for free!
A hands on class in a local backyard conducted by Victory Gardens, a team of urban farmers who specialize in transforming all types of urban space for food production. Learn how to grow healthy organic food and participate in the movement towards new and sustainable food within our community.
Join your neighbors in this class funded by City of Vancouver’s Greenest City Neighbourhood Small Grants.
Free seedlings, lemonade and summer dessert & spray bottle of pesticide-free bug discourager
June 21st 1pm-2:30 pm – Kerrisdale Backyard
Reserve soon, space is limited - email@example.com